The 10 Most Important Components of a Solar Hot Water System
Solar hot water systems are commonly installed on higher ground to collect a large amount of solar radiation for water heating. The primary source of energy for this type of household device is sunlight. It is not only environmentally clean and very efficient, but it can also save you money because it does not use expensive gasoline and energy. The following are the critical components that contribute significantly to the efficiency of solar water heaters:
- Solar Collector. This collects and concentrates heat emitted by the sun, which serves as its source of energy. Because solar water heaters are fueled by sunlight, a large amount of it must be collected and converted into the energy needed to heat water. This is the part of a water heater that is commonly found on rooftops that face the sun for simple sunlight collecting.
- Heat Exchanger. A pipe loop connects the heat exchangers to the solar connector directly. This is normally found within the hot water storage tank and performs the heating process by converting the captured sunlight into energy that can be used to heat the water. Anti-freeze is commonly used in this, especially in nations with cold seasons, to prevent water from freezing.
- Hot Water Storage Tank. This component keeps hot water warm for later use. They will fill the tank with cold water and heat it so that it can provide hot water for home use. Each hot water tank is variable in size and may hold a varying amount of water.
- Temperature Sensors. This is how the solar controller module communicates with each other. This checks the temperature of the water tank and solar collectors, ensuring that the water heating process is supported by the current temperature.
- Solar Controller Module. The water movement between the hot water tank and the solar connections is controlled by this. Circulation will be allowed when the temperature is high enough to heat the water, but not otherwise. This ensures that the water heater heats rather than cools the water when the temperature isn’t hot enough.
- Circular Pump. The solar controller module regulates the flow of water through the solar connectors from the hot water storage tank. There will be no circulation if the temperature is too low to accomplish the process.
- Expansion Tank. Pressure will increase when water temperature increases in the water heater system. Expansion tank will absorb the pressure inside the system to ensure the system’s security and avoid explosion.
- Air Vent Valve. This is to keep the piping from becoming air-bound. Its job is to remove any unwanted air that may be present in the circulation loop.
- Pressure and Temperature Relief Valve. Safety is the primary goal of P&T relief valves. The pressure inside the tank will be released, preventing the tank from exploding. Your hot water storage tank, as well as your home, may be jeopardized if this valve performs as planned.
- Tempering Valve or Mixing Valve. The mixing valve’s job is to mix cold water with hot water that is being discharged. This is to ensure the safety of your home’s plumbing system. When hot water isn’t blended with cold water, it can burn your pipes, bathtubs, showers, and sinks.